| ARKHAM |
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2021
Format : LP
Style : Progressive Rock
Availability : Out of stock
|Description :||Historic Belgian prog-fusion outfit of the early 1970's.
Arkhma played eclectic jazz and rock mixtures in the 'Canterbury' vein, inspired by Soft Machine and Egg. Never released before as LP vinyl, the recordings reproduced on this album come from magnetic tapes of some of Arkham's concerts and rehearsals, recorded at various times.
ARKHAM are an early 70's prog band that featured keyboard player Jean-Luc Manderlier who would later join MAGMA, drummer Daniel Denis who would also move on to MAGMA as well as UNIVERS ZERO, and drummer Patrick Cogneaux.
ARKHAM aren't nearly as dark as MAGMA or UNIVERS ZERO, their jazzy overtones placing them a little closer to SOFT MACHINE. The three musicians, who show some maturity, are obviously pouring their hearts out through out the album, which exudes an intensity that can't be ignored.
|Titles :||01. Exhibition 47 - Penelope 4'40 |
02. Upstairs In The Granary 5'15
03. Eve's Eventful Day part III 4'49
04. Eve's Eventful Day part IV & V 8'06
05. Eve's Eventful Day part VI 2'21
06. Tight Trousers intro 1'38
07. Bleriot Visibility Poor 8'20
08. Brussels Shortly After 8'31
09. Brussels Shortly After part II 3'11
10. Riff 14 5'52