- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
June Moan @ Musiques à tous les étages
Mortalcombat @ Musiques à tous les étages
ZËro @ Café Central
Moe @ Magasin 4
Ed Wood Jr. @ Bear Rock Festival
Seno Nudo @ Bear Rock Festival
|More concerts ...
Shipping the Oiseaux-Tempête new record right now !
Let's Kickstarter the new Koenji album ! All infos on our Facebook page !
Peter Kernel "Thrill Addict" is now out of print in 2xLP - We still have some CD's left
Cheer-Accident "Fades" is in stock - Shipping pre-orders today and tomorrow !
|More news ...
Mandai delivers fast the finest indie an...
P... (United Kingdom)
Thank you for great service and help...
Super rapide, super efficace, super symp...
|More feedbacks ...
| V/A |
Everything is Shit : Punk in Brussels 1977-1979
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2014
Format : CD
Style : Rock
Availability : In stock
Price : 13.50 € - BUY
|Description :||An incredible energy took over Brussels at the onset of the Eighties. It is a strange and rare feeling when you tell yourself that something is happening. And it always happens through an accumulation of very small facts. Then, suddenly, it is there. |
This collection basically attempts to capture this emerging will. But before that, there was punk rock.
In Brussels, it was a handful of venues, improvised concerts, a few dozens of people recognizing each other, and a festival that gathers everyone: the First Belgian Punk Contest, at the Vieux Saint-Job, on 18 March 1978.
Although the influence is coming from up north - The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Buzzcocks, Crass, essentially - there are also ties with Paris (Asphalt Jungle, Métal Urbain), and Phallus Band, Streets, H2SO4 are singing in French. The adventure begins in the winter of 1976, and the next two years will yield most of the material.
Since these bands had very short lifespans, there were a lot of interactions (Chainsaw, X-Pulsion, Streets), while other configurations gave birth to key bands of the next decade: Digital Dance (out of X-Pulsion and Thrills), Snowy Red (from Chainsaw), The Names (The Passengers), Pseudocode (from Thrills).
|Titles :||01. Chainsaw : Kill in the Blanks 1'25 |
02. Chainsaw : Nuclear Apocalypse 2'09
03. Chainsaw : What Goes On 1'43
04. Chainsaw : Z'heroes Guts 1'35
05. X-Pulsion : Heaven Only Knows 1'35
06. X-Pulsion : Schmucks / Castration 1'55
07. Thrills : Enigmatic Body 2'01
08. Thrills : Negative Reaction 0'25
09. Thrills : No Pity for the Pigs 1'41
10. Thrills : Negative Reaction (live) 0'20
11. Thrills : No Pity for the Pigs (live) 1'29
12. Thrills : Everything is Shit (live) 1'38
13. Mad Virgins : FŠ & Suck 2'06
14. Mad Virgins : I am a Computer 2'14
15. Phallus Band : J'ai perdu mon phallus 2'16
16. Phallus Band : Les sadiques 3'22
17. Terminal : stupid 5'08
18. Terminal : 1'26
19. H2 SO4 : Vengeance 1'21
20. H2 SO4 : TV Killer 1'42
21. Streets : Leopard Man 2'21
22. Streets : Matricule 84 1'21
23. Streets : Police Control 1'59
24. sabelle et les Nics-Nacs$ : Covergirl Love 3'38
25. sabelle et les Nics-Nacs$ : Situation 2'55
26. The Actors : Lost Emotions 2'48
27. The Actors : Nothing in my Head 2'39
28. The Passengers : All through the Night 3'04
29. Raxola : 84's Man 2'58
30. Raxola : Wait for the War 2'55
31. Raxola : Steal It 1'54
32. Raxola : Thalidomide Child 6'12