- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
June Moan @ Musiques à tous les étages
Mortalcombat @ Musiques à tous les étages
ZËro @ Café Central
Moe @ Magasin 4
Ed Wood Jr. @ Bear Rock Festival
Seno Nudo @ Bear Rock Festival
|More concerts ...
Shipping the Oiseaux-Tempête new record right now !
Let's Kickstarter the new Koenji album ! All infos on our Facebook page !
Peter Kernel "Thrill Addict" is now out of print in 2xLP - We still have some CD's left
Cheer-Accident "Fades" is in stock - Shipping pre-orders today and tomorrow !
|More news ...
As with previous orders : excellent...
|More feedbacks ...
| V/A |
Dr Boogie Presents : Wasa wasa / Rhythm'n'Blues Shakers on the Dancefloor 1952-1968
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2010
Format : CD
Style : Blues
Availability : In stock
Price : 13.50 € - BUY
|Description :||Though it's also our way of getting back to you with a new
Dr Boogie Presents' compilation album. This time, I opted for Rhythm'n'Blues, Soul, and a few asides in this black music that was so often dominated by fantastic singers through most of the '60s. Rhythm'n'Blues defines a music style born out of the Blues and Gospel. Played by black musicians in the early '40, Rhythm'n'Blues was first called'Race Music'.
In 1949, as the US magazine Billboard published an article by Jerry Wexler, the 'Race Music' hit list became the Rhythm and Blues hit list. The expression aligns the word 'Rhythm' for a fast tempo and the word 'Blues' for the 12-Bar rule. This genre was black bands' thing. At a certain point young blacks and whites were increasingly listening to the same music, but they didn't know it yet.
Rhythm'n'Blues would become the vector that would let black music infiltrate white popular music and pave the way for the emergence of Rock'n'Roll. The arrival of Detroit, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, L.A. and Memphis record labels on the Rhythm'n'Blues scene made it possible for numerous regional styles to develop. Mid-sixties, Rhythm'n'Blues would morph into Soul, which would bow down to Funk circa 1974. Wasa Wasa presents you artists often little known, and released by labels that weren't better known for the most part. Let's dance, shout, groove and sweat... Fun is the word !
|Titles :||01. ROCKY ROBERTS & the AIRDALES - T Bird |
02. EDDY G. GILES Go Go - Train
03. THE OLYMPICS - I'll Do a Little Bit More
04. THE PAC KEYS - Diggin
05. JOHNNY JONES & THE KING CASUALS - It's Gonna Be Good
06. WILLIE WEST - You Told Me
07. JUNIOR & the CLASSICS - The Dog
08. SHELTON DUNAWAY - Betty & Dupree
09. BIG BROWN & the GAMBLERS - My Testament
10. LEON HAYWOOD - Mellow Moonlight
11. DEE CLARK - Crossfire Time
12. LEE ROGERS - I Want You To Have Everything
13. FRANK BRUNSON - How You Are Gonna Live
14. ELLIOT SHAVERS - Ugly in Laws
15. THOMAS EAST - I Get a Groove
16. BO TOLIVER & his TIMERS - Farm Dell Rock
17. MARVIN PHILLIPS & his MEN FROM MARS - Wine Woogie
18. BIG BOB KORNEGAY - Bullfrog Hop
19. FLOYD MORRIS - A Mellow Mood
20. GOOD TIME CHARLIE - Whoop It On Me
21. FRANK DUBOISE - Chicken Scratch
22. JIMMY SOUL - Everybody's Gonna Ape
23. HAROLD BATTISTE - Funky Soul
24. GEORGE TORRENCE & the NATURAL - Lickin Stick
25. CHRIS KENNER - Wind the Clock
26. SMOKEY JOE - Start All Over Again