- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
Peter Kernel @ N9
Hey Colossus @ Magasin 4
La Pince @ Magasin 4
The Guru Guru @ Atelier 210
Amen Ra @ Het Depot
Baby Fire @ Le Diplo
|More concerts ...
Shipping Peter Kernel's stuff !
Peter Kernel "The Size of the night" CD / LP is out today !
Shipping new Skin Graft release Xaddax / MNIRR right now !
Shipping new Jean Jean album right away !
|More news ...
Service excellent !! Merci de nous servi...
|More feedbacks ...
| V/A |
1961-2014 : An Anthology of Turkish Experimental Music
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2016
Format : 2xCD
Style : Experimental
Availability : In stock
Price : 21.70 € - BUY
|Description :||Most part of the material included on this album has not been released before. |
An Overview of Experimental and Electronic Music in Turkey: this anthology features 29 turkish artists. From the electronic music of the '60s to all forms of experimental music of the '10s. This is the second volume of an exploration by zone or sphere of influence.
FEATURING Bülent Arel / Ilhan Mimaroglu / Erdem Helvacžoglu / Batuhan Bozkurt / Alper Maral / Batur Sönmez / Cenk Ergün / Korhan Erel / Sair Sinan Kestelli / Koray Tahiroglu / Mehmet Can Özer / Tolga Tüzün / Basar Ünder / Nilüfer Ormanlž / Utku Tavil / Asaf Zeki Yüksel / Osman Kaytazoglu / SIFIR (Z.Aracagök) / Cem Güney / Volkan Ergen / Mete Sezgin / Mors / Tuna Pase / D2GG / 2/5BZ / Cevdet Erek / Reverie / Falls On All / Burçin Elmas / Meczup
The constellation built between 2000 and 2012 with the seven-part series An Anthology of Noise and Electronic Music continues to expand through the Early Electronic collection (consisting mostly of tracks composed between the 50's and the 80's) and these 'area anthologies' (we prefer the phrase 'area of influence' to 'country'), this one having been preceded by An Anthology of Chinese Experimental Music 1992-2008.
You probably noticed how larger is the time frame for this collection. The reason is that, in Turkey, two exceptional composers emerged very early on to show the way to future generations that followed in a piecemeal fashion. Indeed, Arel and Mimaroglu did not have immediate followers. The explosion happened later, through the 'serious music' of conservatories and universities (Cenk Ergün, Koray Tahiro?lu, Mehmet Can ÖzerŠ) and the electronic/noise music avant-garde ((Mete Sezgin, Nilüfer Ormanlž, Utku TavilŠ) - the great wave of the 2000s and 2010s.
The beauty of this album is found in its multifaceted nature; it features purely formal music, hijacked electronica, remnants of Turkish harmonies, and pieces that are more conceptual or even political (vaguely or strongly) in design. Batur Sönmez and Erdem Helvacžoglu have managed to capture this diversity and energy. And it so happens that this profusion of music related to an urgency to live and think freely is blooming within an increasingly-stifling space. Call it the spectacular beauty of an explosion.
|Titles :||CD1: Electronic Music |
01. Bülent Arel / Postlude from Music for a Sacred Service (1961) / 3'57
02. Batuhan Bozkurt / Kun (2012) / 6'30
03. Alper Maral / Sho (2001) / 2'04
04. Batur Sönmez / Flash Mental Experiment No.23 (2012) / 5'54
05. Cenk Ergün / Forge (2008) / 2'57
06. Erdem Helvacžoglu / Resonating Universes Part 1 (2010) / 7'27
07. Korhan Erel / Con-structure 2 (Death of Komarov on re-entry) (2006) / 4'09
08. Sair Sinan Kestelli / Earthworks (2007) / 2'01
09. Koray Tahiroglu / ?ki El (2012) / 5'48
10. Mehmet Can Özer / Plug-Out: Balžklar II (2007) / 6'01
11. Tolga Tüzün / Uncomfortable Possibilities of Seamless Unions (2012) / 8'04
12. Basar Ünder / Diving (2012) / 6'09
13. Nilüfer Ormanlž / Life in the Mist of Finer Thoughts (2012) / 5'25
14. Ilhan Mimaroglu / Prelude No.17 (Istanbul Fog) (1996) / 4'01
CD2: Politic, Samplers, Ambient Music
01. Utku Tavil / SUTT (2012) / 2'01
02. Asaf Zeki Yüksel / Democracy Lessons (2013) / 5'59
03. Osman Kaytazoglu / The Monopoly of Victim Status (2012) / 5'59
04. SIFIR (Z.Aracagök) / I Want to be a Suicide Bomber (2011) / 8'48
05. Cem Güney / Procession A.D. (2012) / 3'19
06. Volkan Ergen / Sublimation F (2012) / 5'28
07. Mete Sezgin / Subconscious Memories (1994) / 5'59
08. Mors / PerfYAy (2008) / 5'38
09. Tuna Pase / Nefes (2007) / 7'41
10. D2GG / 3 Çakžl Ta? (2012) / 7'42
11. 2/5BZ / Anadolog (1997) / 3'20
12. Cevdet Erek / Strob (2005) / 3'52
13. Reverie Falls On All / Eta Carinae (2012) / 4'25
14. Burçin Elmas / So Far (2003) / 3'32
15. Meczup / Sworn Mother (2012) / 5'21