- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
|More concerts ...
Website orders are now back on the track. If you're not receiving any news after 48h, please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It looks like we have some troubleshooting if ordering via our website. Were trying to fix it up asap.
New titles of Cuneiform Records and Skin Graft Records are not yet in stock
Benoit Lizen's album is now out of print
|More news ...
Five star seller. Fast shipment, very fr...
Mandai delivers fast the finest indie an...
|More feedbacks ...
| RAUDIVE KONSTANTIN |
The Voices of the Dead
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2020
Format : LP
Style : Archives
Availability : Available on request
Price : 17.60 € - BUY
|Description :||For many, the first traces of the Raudive Tapes were in William Burroughs fictions and articles. The fact is, these mysterious magnetic tapes, which
capture the voices of the dead, and were recorded by the baltic scientist Konstantin Raudive, are not a fiction but a reality (we are not here to judge their scientific objectivity ). These tapes, as rare as Lovecraft's Necronomicon, are now in our archives.
What we can find in this record ?
Two introductions by Konstantin Raudive and a large session
of exemples from his archives (July 1965).
Nive extracts from the Gerhard Stempnik experiments - musician
of the Berlin Philharmonic and close friend of Raudive (tapes from 1980).
A Raudive celebration including unpublished material by Paul D. Miller
aka dj Spooky That subliminal kid, David Toop, Lee Ranaldo
(Sonic Youth), Calla and Carl Michael von Hausswolff.
They have all composed an exclusive piece of music based on the Raudive material. It goes from a close examination of the material itself to a more
Who was Doctor Raudive ?
Dr Konstantin Raudive, a student of Carl Jung, was a Latvian psychologist
who taught at the University of Uppsala, Sweden, before devoting the
last ten years of his life to electronic voice phenomenon (EVP).
He published in his book Breakthrough in 1971.His early collaborator F.Jurgenson, whom he met by the very beginning of 1965, awakened
Dr. K.Raudive's interest in EVP research. Raudive spent endless hours
for the thorough study of Jurgenson's books ('Voices from Space', 1964
and 'Radio-Link with the Dead', 1967).
From an overwhelming database (ranging about 72000 samples!),
Raudive's mother seems to be statistically the most frequently reported
contact personality. She usually addressed her son in the Latgalian dialect.
|Titles :||01. Konstantin Raudive / 'Here is Konstantin Raudive... part #1' |
02. *Gerhard Stempnik* / sound piece #1 'Astrid a little bit'
03. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #2 'Karajan kluk'
04. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #3 'Astrid ! ask there'
05. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #4 'Mendelsohn: more more'
06. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #5 'too much pop music on the radio'
07. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #6 'did you have forgotten Special Domain '
08. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #7 'Wien'
09. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #8 'ouverture now more less'
10. Gerhard Stempnik / sound piece #9 'distant cut up'
11. Konstantin Raudive / 'Radio Stimme + Mikrofon Stimme - Experiments part #2'
12. *DJ Spooky That Subliminal Kid* / Cadavre magnétique
13. *David Toop* / Koladé Spirit
14. *Lee Ranaldo* / Lee's Raudive Mix
15. *Calla* / Calla Raudive Track
16. *CM von Hausswolff* / Welcome (for F. Jurgenson & K. Raudive)